First of all, what is Beachbody? Beachbody is a health and fitness company that is the leader of the home fitness industry with programs such as P90X, Insanity, PiYo, 21 Day Fix, T25, Insanity Max:30, Body Beast, Turbo Fire, Hammer and Chisel, and lots more. They are working one day at a time to end the trend of obesity in America through both their workout programs but also the additional support and supplements they offer. They have created cutting edge workout supplements and the amazing nutrient packed Shakeology meal replacement shake (you can read more on that here).
So what is a coach? We are people who have loved using Beachbody products and want to share those with others looking to reach their own health and fitness goals! You do NOT have to be a nutrition expert, a fitness expert, or or at your ideal body weight and fitness level. As coaches, we inspire and encourage others to live healthy lives, we educate and provide people about how Beachbody products can meet a need in their lives, and then we help those people achieve their health and fitness goals through accountability and support!
Could Coaching Be a Fit for Me?
I would say definitely yes! It is an opportunity that can fit wherever you are currently at in your life– whether that’s just to get a discount, to add some extra monthly income, or to build your own business. There are three different types of coaches:
Discount Coach – This is what I recommend to anyone who is regularly drinking Shakeology since they’ll receive the 25% discount off of their shake as well as the programs and other products. Important to note: there is NO pressure to sell or any other requirements, other than the $15.95 business fee, in order to get the 25% discount. I like to think of that as a membership fee- like what you would pay at Costco!
Hobby Coach – For those who love the programs and products and enjoy sharing it with friends, family, coworkers, etc. This coach might have a smaller accountability group month-to-month, may be working another full-time/part-time job, and have the desire to make enough money to cover the cost of their programs and products plus earn some extra cash.
Business Builder Coach – A business builder is a coach who is ready to pursue this business with full force and has the mindset of making a full-time income through the coaching opportunity. Not all business builder coaches start off with this goal, some even start as a discount coach but then see the opportunities within the company and go all in (this is what happened to me!)! If your goal is to build a business from your home, be your own boss, set your own schedule, be a leader to your own team of coaches, and continue with your passion in health and fitness, this might just be a great option for you!
What are the benefits of being a coach?
- You receive a 25% commission on anything somebody buys from Beachbody using your personal Beachbody website. The company also regularly gives out bonuses as you succeed in your business or hit certain benchmarks.
- You also receive a 25% discount on all Beachbody products including merchandise. I save $32.50 on my Shakeology every month.
- You get paid weekly– Thursday is payday in Beachbody world and it is so nice to see extra money in our account each week.
- Low Risk! There is no inventory to carry, Beachbody takes care of everything.
- Access to an entire team of experts on health and fitness.
- As a coach, you choose the pace you want to run. If you desire to, you can create a team of coaches and build a business based off of a team of people who are passionate about the same things that you are. You can build this as a full-time business, or a hobby, or just sign-up for the coach discount. Up to you!
- Amazing accountability to help YOU continue in your health and fitness goals.
- Access to marketing materials and guidance on how to build your business.
- Opportunity to earn free trips and gifts for achieving success club goals
What does it cost to become a Beachbody coach?
There are a couple different ways of investing in the business:
You choose a Challenge Pack during the sign-up process (any fitness program + Shakeology + free shipping + 30 day club membership) which will waive your coach sign up fee of $39.95.
This is what I always recommend to coaches because you are getting your program and Shakeology at a significant discount and furthering your own health and fitness goals. Starting with a Challenge Pack is the best way to kick-start your business, and as a coach, you don’t have access to buying a Challenge Pack again, so it’s a great way to try out a new program so that you can be informed.
If you are actively in the military, your enrollment fee of $39.95 and monthly business fee is waived! You can sign up just like Option 1, and then Beachbody will issue you a refund for the enrollment fee. Additionally, if you have purchased a Challenge Pack in the past, you are able to get the $40 refunded if you fill out this form.
If you choose to sign up without purchasing a Challenge Pack or without having the military discount, it is $39.95 to start coaching. This enrollment fee covers your online office with various web tools, trainings, business resources and website set-up.
Just so you know: There is a monthly fee of $15.95 to maintain your office and websites. Beachbody gives you your own website so customers and clients can order through you! They also handle all of the shipping and customer service. The business fee of $15.95 is so low if you take into account all the support you receive to run your own business– other franchises cost thousands! If you are doing it as a discount coach, consider this your membership fee.
What have I gained by being a Beachbody coach?
I wrote more in detail on it here, but to give you a few quick points:
- I have always loved being active and eating healthy, but being a part of this community has completely inspired me! It has been so fun to not only get in the best shape of my life, but be paid to do it, and then on top of that to pay it forward is priceless.
- I have increased confidence in all aspects of my life. I have lost close to 30 pounds and many inches and have been able to keep that off with Shakeology, the workout programs, clean eating, and the support and accountability from my challenge groups and coaches. You really do have to live by example and be a product of the product, so being a coach helps me push to be my best every day.
- My professional life has been enhanced by growth in leadership, sales, confidence, and knowledge of new systems (like this blog!). I love that the company has a focus on personal development and investing in yourself so that you can give out.
- I have seen first-hand the success that these programs have brought me, but also friends, family members, and my customers. The one on one support and accountability is HUGE.
When you decide to sign up as a coach, you are obviously responsible for your own business but are not alone! I am here to support you and make sure you get started right. I am a part of the number 1 team in the country (out of over 200,000 coaches!) and we have amazing support, resources, and duplicatable systems that help you succeed.
If you are ready to sign up as a coach and start your health and fitness business, click here!
If you have more questions and would like to set up a call or e mail exchange to discuss becoming a coach on my team, please fill out the application below and I’ll get back to you ASAP!