I LOVE soup. It’s healthy, it’s easy, it’s cheap to make and as a working mom it’s something I can prep before I leave for the day! This is an adaption from the Fixate Cookbook recipe, and
it freezes really well, is done in 30 minutes, and is a quick re-heatable meal on leftover night. There are SO many more flavors than you’d think packed into this and it is also packed full of veggies!
CLEAN EATING MINESTRONE SOUP
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups organic, low sugar tomato or marinara sauce
1 lb. kale (stems trimmed, leaves chopped)
1 medium russet potato, peeled, chopped
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rised
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
6 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
6 tsp chopped fresh flat leave (Italian) parsley (I used dried parsley since I didn’t have fresh on hand)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook, stirring frequently for 8 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, and potato. Bring to a boil for 8 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- Add beans and kale; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately sprinkled evenly with cheese and parsley.
*I will also use chard, add zucchini and often omit the potatoes to save on yellow containers
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do! If you’re looking for more support with your health and fitness, or are wanting nutrition tips and tricks, get in touch via the form below!